Celestion, the premier manufacturer of guitar and bass loudspeakers and professional audio drivers for sound reinforcement applications, is very pleased to debut a new special collection of Impulse Responses – the Magnificent Seven – which includes the tones of seven of the company’s legendary speakers available for digital download. The new Magnificent 7 Collection features a line-up of seven iconic 12-inch speaker impulse responses, including the Celestion Blue, G12M Greenback, Vintage 30, G12M-65 Creamback, G12H-75 Creamback, G12H Anniversary and Heritage Series G12-65. The new Magnificent Seven IRs, along with the other classic collections of genuine Celestion speaker IRs, are available for audition and download at CelestionPlus.com.
The Magnificent 7 Collection represents the first of Celestion’s most popular guitar speakers to be made available as impulse responses, offered as a complete package to provide a wealth of essential tones in one collection.
The Celestion Magnificent 7 speaker impulse responses included are:
- Celestion Blue – The Original: This classic speaker became a firm favourite of legendary artists, including The Beatles, Queen and U2. It has warm lows, mellow upper-mids, and a bell-like top-end with the glorious dampened attack that alnico is famous for.
- G12M Greenback – The Legend: The modern incarnation of the speaker that helped define rock tone, played by legends like Clapton, Page and Beck. Expect a broad mid-range attack and a restrained top-end with added grit and aggression.
- Vintage 30 – The Classic: A superbly versatile speaker that has found a home delivering a generous range of metal and rock tones with tight bass, rich and vocal mid-range and an intricately detailed top end. Clean tones are crisp and that famous upper midrange sits just right in the mix.
- G12M-65 Creamback – The New Standard: Delivering the much-loved classic rock tones of the Greenback with added low-end grunt.
- G12H-75 Creamback – The Hard Hitter: A speaker with added power with a heavier magnet that enables the production of a tight bass with impactful highs and awesome thickness to single notes.
- G12H Anniversary – The Heavy Rocker: A speaker to recreate the classic sounds of the 1960’s and 1970’s hard rock era, the Anniversary speaker delivers serious swagger with its aggressive low-end, articulate treble and searing midrange.
- Heritage Series G12-65 – The Blues Meister: With a fast attack and tightly-controlled low-end, this Heritage speaker is a firm favourite with hard rock artists and modern blues players alike.